The Director, Clinical integration works in coordination with and reports to the Medical Director to define and implement Phoenix Children`s Care Network (PCCN) quality improvement program, practice integration program and care management strategies. This position coordinates with key community and Phoenix Childrens stakeholders, physicians, and healthcare leaders to operationalize programs and initiatives that meet the IHI Quadruple Aim of lowering costs, improving quality of care, and increasing patient and provider satisfaction.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Defines, develops and implements the care management approach for PCCN populations in collaboration with the Medical Director and Chief Medical Officer and support from the Manager, Care Coordination.
- Establishes productivity and outcome goals for the care management program, working closely with the data team to analyze and optimize for programmatic success.
- Oversees the care management teams operations ensuring a high level of performance.
- Ensures ongoing staff training pertinent to their roles.
- Develops and maintains departmental roles and responsibilities.
- Provides leadership to the Practice Integration team, ensuring meaningful bi-directional communication with practices in the network.
- Monitors practice performance, alignment with PCCN contractual obligations, and population health initiatives.
- Promotes through all interactions a positive and productive network and provider
- relationship, engaging all stakeholders in programmatic development and operational efficiencies.
- Participates in establishing the strategic vision for the networks growth.
- Acts as an escalation point for practice and provider issues and concerns in collaboration with the Medical Director.
- Embraces a culture of continuous quality improvement for all aspects of the PCCN enterprise.
- Acts as a key component of the Quality Program, proactively engaging in continuous quality improvement processes in collaboration with team members and stakeholders.
- Monitors quality measure performance indicators, researches questionable results and coordinates resolution through appropriate teams.
- Contributes to development and implementation of standardized clinical care processes across PCCN practices to streamline care.
- Provides leadership and oversight to the Clinical Quality Program Manager, who manages quality improvement initiatives both internally and with network practices.
- Participates and assists to prepare for the Provider Advisory Council meetings.
Board of Managers and Committee Support
- Acts as support and/or administrative lead for the networks Board of Managers and appropriate committees, coordinating agenda items and materials and prioritizing key information necessary for the effective operation of the committee.
- Follow up to ensure committee recommendations are communicated to the Board and action items are resolved.
- Participate in development of quality targets and care models for payer agreements.
- Participate in sustaining activities with contracted payers, such as Joint Operating Committees.
Budget and Finance
- Participates and assists the PCCN Director, Operations in the annual budget preparation process and may maintain the clinical operations budget.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.