This position provides direct academic instruction and support to elementary, middle, and secondary school age patients in the acute, outpatient, and rehabilitation settings. This position also communicates and coordinates with patient`s home school to maintain or further academic progress. Plans and implements special events for the Hospital`s school.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Plans and provides classroom instruction and behavioral management to grades pre-K through 12th grade.
- Plans and implements instruction using knowledge of disabilities and illnesses and their educational implications.
- Uses a variety of formal and informal assessments in all academic areas.
- Engages students in active learning by using a variety of effective teaching strategies.
- Communicates with patients` schools in order to assist with transitions back to school as needed.
Provides a motivating learning environment by using a variety of effective teaching strategies, including special events.
- Maintains a safe, healing and learning environment.
- Trains, supervises, and evaluates volunteers in the classroom.
Focuses interactions using Arizona education standards.
- Uses knowledge of special education laws and procedures.
- Coordinates instruction with patients` home schools.
Participates on multi-disciplinary treatment teams to ensure coordinated treatment plan.
- Documents in patient medical record
- Prepares reports as needed, such as productivity, statistics, attendance, usage of classroom, etc.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.