Department: Trauma Services
Category: Administrative Support
Posting #: 454766
Date Posted: 5/29/2019
Employee Type: Regular
Manages and maintains the computerized trauma registry, which is utilized for injury research, epidemiology, and quality improvement activites.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Collects all data and coordinates the initial trauma data, data entry, development of reports, and outcome measures established by the American College of Surgeons (ACS).
- Collects follow-up data on all registry patients and enters information into the registry and completes data retrieval and statistical analyses of registry data on priority basis.
- Functions as system manager of the computerized trauma registry to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness in reporting on the Hospital's trauma data. Monitors data/reports for quality assurance purposes and participates on quality committees.
- Identifies all eligible trauma cases, including abstract cases, and enters patient data into TraumaOne computerized registry.
- Interprets medical data to evaluate patients' response to treatment, identifies complications due to treatment or system issues as well as understanding various data analysis techniques such as injury severity scores and survival analysis within automated registry environment.
- Maintains contact with various internal and external departments and organizations regarding patient and registry information and data in regards to any approved research and/or educational purposes as well as any related software issues.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.