The VP, Individual Giving is responsible for developing relationships with donors who have capacity for gifts of $1M+, manage a portfolio of principle gift donors/prospects; and maintain awareness of individuals in the prospect pool. This position leads staff responsible for the solicitation of principle gifts, major gifts, grants, annual gifts, and planned gifts . This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of individual fundraising. He/she will design and implement gift strategies in alignment with priorities identified by the SVP/CDO to meet philanthropic priorities. Works closely with Foundation leadership to implement gift strategies that include the development of proposals, campaign materials, communication plans, stewardship, direct response programs, and other activities relating to fundraising. Develops/implements team strategies to meet and exceed department performance standards for visits, solicitations and gifts realized.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Proactively maintains a robust portfolio of local and national prospects and donors, both private and individuals and family foundations, capable of contributing transformational gifts. Portfolio includes principal and major gift prospects and donors in various stages of identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship and works closely with prospect research to move donors/prospects through the various cycles of giving. Maintains active awareness of team’s portfolio progress and objectives.
- Responsible for identifying/developing relationships with a core group of prospective leadership donors with capacity for significant gifts. Works with team to develop giving opportunities and appropriate case statements. Develops and implements strategies and timetables for the successful solicitation for all philanthropic opportunities that include: principle gifts, major gifts, planned gifts, grants, direct response programs, and lead annual gifts. Arranges opportunities for hospital leaders and other administrators, as appropriate, to meet with donors and volunteers in forums designed to increase interest and support. Works with staff and supervisor to achieve philanthropic goal and solicitation metrics as assigned by management. Involved in the planning of gift strategies, proposal development, campaign materials, communication/marketing plans, stewardship, events and other activities relating to fundraising.
- Oversees the recruitment and management of a resourceful and well-trained development staff to achieve annual fundraising goals. Advances a culture of philanthropy, collaboration, ethics and accountability with internal and external audiences to develop, enhance and sustain maximum fundraising effectiveness. Works with a team to develop extensive contacts with board members, donors and prospects, as well as outside affiliates, physicians and the public. Arranges for appropriate leaders to participate in cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, as necessary and appropriate. Manage complex issues which arise from the elaborate interrelationships among hospital administration, departments, and/or Foundation staff team. Strong ability to recruit, orient, train, organize, motivate and evaluate staff.
- Collaborate with VP of Foundation Operations to develop/coordinate stewardship initiatives with team to ensure regular contact with donors through personal visits, letters, emails and other written material, phone calls and events. Provides vehicles for continued awareness on the part of donors of current needs and objectives that encourage continued giving. Works with staff and supervisor to achieve/exceed donor/prospect visit metrics as assigned by management. Provides excellent customer service to donors, colleagues, clinical partners, volunteers and hospital leadership. Ensures effective annual stewardship and financial reports have been fulfilled to honor donor intent.
- Coordinate with VP of Foundation Operations to ensure integrity and functionality of constituent management system through accurate entry and maintenance of constituent and gift data; maintains adequate security and confidentiality of data documents and tracks constituent activity and interactions in a timely manner; identifies collects and analyzes appropriate data for critical decision-making.
- Demonstrates strong verbal communication skills; articulates the mission and fundraising goals of PCHF; and makes persuasive oral presentation. Possesses effective communication skills necessary to write and edit letters, memos, reports, discussion documents, proposals and other cultivation, solicitation and stewardship materials. Works closely with team to develop presentations to internal and external audiences regarding philanthropic opportunities and giving vehicles.
- Creates and executes special projects as assigned by SVP/CDO. Works evenings and weekends as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.