The Manager, PMO provides leadership, organization and coordination to support the PMO's key activities, encompassing project planning, governance and project management. Ensures all projects administered by the PMO adhere to the best practices and standard approach for project management. Manages change and promotes the continuous improvement of project management related processes.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Defines and maintains the standards of project management for IT
- Clearly defines the role of the Project Management Office for the IT division, both internally and across the organization.
- Assures all project owners follow the standards set forth for all IT related projects.
- Reviews all project requests and provides the necessary supporting documentation for the IT Steering Committee to evaluate, prioritize and determine the cost effectiveness of project initiatives.
- Supports all PMO staff to assist with troubleshooting issues as they arise.
Manages highly complex projects as needed
- Defines project scope, plan, budget and schedule within the Project Charter and then leads the project team through successful implementation.
- Assures all project team members complete their assigned duties and/or communicates with member leadership when additional direction is needed.
- Schedules and documents regular meetings with the project team to ensure that project is tracking appropriately.
- Tracks all issues and the individuals and steps needed for mitigation.
Provides front-line supervision of the Project Management Office
- Provides leadership by projecting a positive attitude and motivating learning.
- Provides thorough orientation and ongoing training for all PMO staff.
- Manages the activities of the PMO team by prioritizing work, managing workload and resolving and conflicts.
- Performs routine supervisory duties of hiring, evaluating, and managing employee behavior through disciplinary action when needed.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.