This position works in the Heart Center at Phoenix Children`s Hospital. Core duties include exercise testing though would expand to include exercise prescription and rehabilitation. In addition to the clinical work there will be a focus on research, quality improvement, teaching and learning in a positive and collegial work environment.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Exercise Stress Testing
- Primary responsibility is to conduct exercise stress testing according to established guidelines at the Heart Center (main campus) of Phoenix Children`s Hospital. This includes all aspects of testing from the spirometry/pulmonary function, ECG analysis of rhythm, vital signs during exercise and metabolic VO2 data. Analyze data from testing and generate comprehensive clinical reports. Performs first echelon maintenance and calibration of medical instrumentation for exercise testing/therapy and data analysis. Patient populations include children with acquired and congenital heart disease, children with other non-cardiac illnesses and adults with congenital heart disease.
- Develops exercise prescriptions and conducts cardiac rehabilitation for identified clinical populations. Provides services and consultation for outpatients with possible expansion to inpatients. Patient populations will initially be children and some adults with cardiac conditions.
Research and Quality Improvement
- Analyzes data and test measures for research projects. Participates in data management and analysis for research projects and publications/presentations under direct mentorship. Implements existing protocols under direct mentorship. Opportunity to prepare and present scientific reports (abstracts, manuscripts and articles). Collaborates with other investigators interested in exercise testing and therapy. Participates in departmental and hospital programs for quality improvement working with department management and the Medical Director to improve services provided.
- Coordinates and manages the basic day to day requirements of the lab. This may include supply management, calibration and QA of equipment as well as monitoring of the lab schedule.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.