The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and organization to the Echo Department, performing a variety of administrative functions to provide for efficient, effective and customer service-focused operations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Provides administrative support to the department and coordinates and organizes office workflow and communications, including phone management, e-mail correspondence, file maintenance and standard mail collection/distribution to provide for optimum efficiency.
- Prepares agendas and minutes of a variety of meetings, creates and maintains current calendar of meetings and notifies participants of changes to ensure timely communication.
- Assists visitors, patients, families and others with hospital related inquiries/concerns; refers to appropriate resource or authority, as necessary.
- Composes correspondence and independently generates other communications, including, but not limited to, e-mails, newsletters, reports, mailings, flyers and brochures through effective use of appropriate software application and/or media.
- Maintains confidential departmental employee files and records to ensure consistently current and accurate documentation.
Assists in tracking and updating annual operational budget. Prepares, codes and tracks requests for payments to ensure proper accounting of funds in accordance with budget. Maintains inventory levels of standard office supplies and materials, initiating requests, as appropriate
- Maintains schedule of and records related to maintenance of department medical equipment.
Coordinates with physicians and sonographers on research projects to include documentation, schedules, collection and maintenance of project data.
- Assist in coordination of annual national educational symposiums, department educational sessions, faculty lectures and other educational presentations as needed.
- Assists in development and maintenance of department physician, sonographer and fellow daily schedules.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.