Posting Note: **IP-Psych and ED Openings available-Full-time, part-time day and night shifts available**
This position provides individual and group age appropriate developmental and psychosocial supervision, support, and treatment consistent with established objectives, including crisis management, group facilitation, use of trauma informed care and use of behavioral management and modification procedures to facilitate achievement of desired treatment outcomes.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists the physician, RN, Social Worker and other treatment team members in decision-making to ensure complete and appropriate information is shared.
- Identifies and reports any pertinent behavioral, medical, and/or psychosocial data to the physician, RN, and/or Social Worker.
- Provides continuous therapeutic care and observation to patients in their daily routines, including meals, school sessions, social and education groups, and activities of daily living to assist in achievement of established treatment plan outcomes for modification of behavior.
- Assists in the education of parents regarding behavioral/emotional techniques and support.
- Implements behavior management protocols in a safe, and therapeutic manner.
- Responds to crisis situations appropriately, effectively, and calmly to ensure ongoing safety of patients and others.
- Serves as positive role model by establishing maintaining positive, therapeutic relationships and appropriate boundaries with patients and their guardians.
- Creates and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment.
- Completes vital sign monitoring per policy.
- Be a sitter for patients needing 1:1 supervision both on the unit and across the hospital for medical or behavioral reasons.
- 11. Maintain confidentiality.
- Plans, organizes, and leads skills-based groups related to social skills, coping skills, self-esteem, relaxation, creative expression, and cooperative play.
- Plans activities that are appropriate for the developmental level of the participants and promotes participation by each participant.
- Demonstrates effective group management by dealing with problem behaviors promptly, and recognizing and rewarding positive participation and behaviors.
- Assists in the transport of patients to off-unit activities maintaining safety, order, and direction.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills by adjusting the pace of the group in response to the participants needs.
- Documents patient progress, functioning, and interventions in the appropriate charting format.
- Documents unusual occurrences, accidents and incidents in the appropriate reporting format.
- Actively participates as a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team to develop and employ a total patient care program by consistently attending and contributing to multi-disciplinary staffing and team meetings.
- Influences coworkers in a positive direction.
- Participates in cooperative efforts by contributing to discussions, listening to others' ideas, and supporting group consensus.
- Accepts any challenges within the hospital and/or unit as a shared responsibility.
- Respects differing viewpoints even when in conflict with their own.
- Shares complete and unbiased information in an open and professional manner.
- Provides guidance, mentoring, and direction as appropriate for ongoing staff development.
- Provides work assignments and indirect supervision to program volunteers.
- Receives close clinical supervision from behavioral health providers qualified to ensure ongoing knowledge, skills, and competency.
- Participates in unit based and hospital sponsored educational programs to maintain skills and competencies.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.