Posting Note: Director of Donor Relations Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the Director of Donor Relations manages a highly effective Donor Relations team and serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting Phoenix Children’s Hospital. The Director of Donor Relations develops, implements, manages and assesses a comprehensive donor relations plan to assist the Development unit reach its strategic fundraising goals for Phoenix Children’s Hospital. The scope of work includes donor relations, stewardship and related communications. Key functions: Develops, implements, and leads a successful and integrated donor relations program that strategically targets all levels of giving as defined by the Development team. Ensures donors are acknowledged and recognized to strengthen their financial support for the Hospital. Manages the donor relationship strategy to thoughtfully and proactively cultivate relationships with new donors and stewarding current donors in order to maximize donor retention, engagement and investment. Requires clear segmentation and prioritization of donor data that leads to the formulation of clear goals and action plans for how Phoenix Children’s interacts with a given donor segment to achieve desired results. Uses key metrics to achieve higher retention rates and donor satisfaction. Tracking metrics to assess the current engagement and activity of donors to determine which efforts have the greatest business impact. Acts as a liaison and specialist to the development team in order to provide cultivation and stewardship direction to individual donors and prospects. Oversees and directs the development and implementation of strategic communications in multiple mediums in a timely fashion. This will include, but not be limited to, social media sites, annual reporting, e-blasts, endowment reports, gift acknowledgements, web pages, fundraising campaign materials, and press releases. With oversight of the Guest Relations program, collaborates with Foundation and Hospital colleagues to present an integrated approach to cultivation and stewardship strategies relevant to patient families to advance the mission of PCH. Assists with educational efforts involving medical staff regarding philanthropy and community engagement. Manages any campaign-related kick-offs and celebration events. Ensures special events are communicated and on the calendar of key stakeholders, officials and targeted guests. Creates innovative programs and projects to thank and steward donors; identifying creative and effective mediums to recognize the impact of corporate and individual support. Tracks donor relations and stewardship activities in the established databases to enhance relationships and increase the likelihood of continued contributions. Responsible for the review and control of all gift acknowledgments, including receipts, thank you letters, pledge statements and donor reports. Works closely with Development staff to demonstrate the impact of philanthropy to donors by arranging meaningful and memorable experiences with funding recipients as appropriate.
Working in close collaboration with the Vice President (VP), the Director of Foundation Development designs and executes on a comprehensive development strategy for the Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation. The Director oversees and executes on both capital campaigns and ongoing fundraising efforts. This position also forms and manages the Phoenix Children’s Foundation development team, and reports directly to the Vice President.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Cultivates existing relationships with vendors with the goal of ensuring sufficient space and resources, and access to services.
- Develops and implements strategies that will maximize the synergies among program areas.
Team Management and Development:
- Develops and implements a system to evaluate the skill, experience, and professional development needs of all staff.
- Implements a professional development program to address employee experience and skill gaps.
- Works with staff to develop objective performance measurements across all sites, to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
- Instills a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organizational performance standards.
- Recruits, hires, and oversees training and orientation of all staff members.
Design Development Strategy:
- Works with the management team to identify funds needed, preferred funding targets, and approaches.
Form and Manage Development Team:
- Works with the VP and senior leadership team to form a Development Team.
- Oversees Development Team and identifies staffing needs for campaigns and ongoing development.
- Conducts research, prospecting, and applications to multiple donor sources.
- Manages capital campaigns, engaging and overseeing capital campaign firms as necessary.
- Oversees ongoing development efforts.
Build a Robust Donor Base:
- Develops and maintains key long-term relationships with donors and prospects.
Communicate and Train:
- Trains and mentors Development Staff and communicates fundraising goals and progress throughout the organization
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.