Posting Note: *full-time, part-time and PRN available* As part of our continued commitment to providing a safe and healthy workplace, Phoenix Children’s is officially a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination organization, effective October 1, 2021. All new employees must be fully vaccinated prior to starting employment at Phoenix Children’s. Having a vaccinated workforce is an important step in supporting our mission to provide hope, healing and the best healthcare for the children in our community.
This position will schedule Operating Room, Cath Lab, Radiology, Neurodiagnostics, Endoscopy, and/or Bronchoscopy procedures, utilizing appropriate IS systems according to procedure type, utilizing knowledge of physician procedures, privileges, and block time when appropriate. Enters pertinent patient data and specific physician requests. This position also initiates the billing process by entering pertinent charges and patient information in the Hospital's charging system.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Answers telephones in a timely and professional manner and notifies referring office of patient appointment day and time.
- Participates in a variety of unit and hospital education programs to maintain current skills and competency levels.
- Schedules patient examinations for all modalities, cancel appointments and/or reschedules as necessary, and corrects or modifies discrepancies in scheduling; schedules modalities.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.