The Supervisor, Professional Services Coding is responsible for the planning, coordinating and managing of daily operational functions of the team to include developing and implementing an efficient coding review and audit processes and an internal compliance audit plan. This position manages the budget, sets productivity standards by performing analysis of the daily workload of assigned staff and provides leadership with reports by service line, divisions and providers. This position assists with internal and external coding audits and with documentation education for providers and coders. Additionally, oversees the day-to-day production of the charge entry staff and ensures that charges are timely and accurate for both the facility and the professional revenue as needed.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Analyzes and evaluates clinical coding relative to hospital inpatient, outpatient and ambulatory reimbursement through chart review and other special study methods.
- Establishes quality improvement, fiscal productivity, and patient satisfaction goals and objectives in conjunction with organizational and regulatory standards.
Develops quality and service benchmarks and specific PCH and PCMG coding guidelines.
- Commitment to identifying areas and/or processes for increased efficiencies and/or reduced operational expense.
Ensures department compliance to the Joint Commission, CMS and/or all applicable governmental agencies.
- Develops, implements and monitors practice-wide coding compliance process and related plans.
Makes sound recommendations for data quality improvements and revenue enhancements.
- Educates providers regarding coding and regulatory matters.
Organizes the functions of the department through the appropriate assignment of responsibilities, delegation of authority, and overall direction of work flow processes.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities of the assigned departmental and PCMG employees and provides coaching and guidance, as necessary, to ensure operational efficiency and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.