This position will primarily support the Leadership within the Strategy & Business Development Department in the day-to-day activities required in all areas of strategic planning & business development relative to developing, directing and communicating business and strategic plans to benefit new or expanded clinical, advocacy, research, education, foundation and business opportunities. It facilitates the development and maintenance of data collection, analysis, and reporting of internal PCH data and external market and environmental data to assist leadership in making sound business decisions.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
This position supports the team and reports directly to the departmental Leadership team and works with the executive leadership team, physicians, business directors and managers, clinical directors and managers and independent contractors/consultants. This position typically will not have supervision responsibilities, but will provide facilitation and will guide others within the organization to achieve strategic priorities and objectives.
- Designs, develops and maintains timely market intelligence reports, including but not limited to, market share reports, competitor profiles, population projections, physician supply and PHIS comparative databases.
- Develops working relationships with other planners and regulatory agencies in the region and the state.
- Maintains an active role in professional organizations such as the CHCA; includes active participation and/or presenting at the Strategic Planning and Business Development Forums.
- Participates in improving organizational performance by recommending areas or approaches for improvement initiatives or activities, performing new procedures, collecting data and providing input to department discussions. Proactively recommends and develops processes and methodologies to improve the quality and value of the department.
- Proactively communicates with appropriate external parties, including local agencies, business professionals, consultants, and governmental authorities to stay abreast of issues important for the hospital. Regularly communicates/presents local (Arizona) and regional trends relative to job growth, major real estate development projects, and other relevant information.
- Provides support to the Managers via data analysis, research, and interviews to develop business cases / ROI analyses / feasibility studies. Responsible for drafting certain components of such business cases / analysis / studies.
- Supports the department with annual updates to the institutional strategic plan as required.
- Supports the Managers and the team and proactively monitors and reports progress, challenges and opportunities related to strategic plans and business plans. Provides information and support to the Managers for the development of the monthly and/or quarterly progress reports.
- Supports the Managers, Directors and CSO with other initiatives / special projects as assigned. Proactively recommends and develops processes and methodologies to improve the quality and value of the Department.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.