This position is responsible for the strategic leadership and operational management of the One Call Admission Center at Phoenix Children’s Hospital. Responsible to facilitate the efficient bed placement of all admissions and transfers, accounting for patient needs, provider requests, resources required and resources available. Accountable for assessing, planning, directing and evaluating throughput and patient flow activities (admissions, discharges, transfers, post-operative patients, etc.). Maintains standards for professional practice and regulatory compliance and is responsible for overall operations, planning, budgeting, staffing, customer service and performance and improvement efforts.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- a.Understands hospital revenue cycle and identifies interventions to respond to changes in reimbursement.
- b.Strategizes opportunities across the organization to improve efficiencies in throughput.
- c.Creates, monitors and analyzes assigned budgets and address variances with action plans.
- d.Manages and meets productivity metric and variances for One Call Admissions Center.
- e.Manages capital planning for One Call Admissions Center.
- f.Ensures expenses are managed.
Human Resource Management
- a.Identifies staffing needs for One Call Admission Center, develops action plans to meet these needs as warranted, including the addition of other sites within the enterprise.
- b.Manages human resources within the scope of labor laws and hospital policies.
- c.Applies recruitment techniques and strategies to fill vacancies.
- d.Applies individual and team interview techniques to select qualified applicants.
- e.Develops, oversees and evaluates on boarding process and content for One Call Admission Center staff.
- f.Conducts staff evaluations, assists staff with setting goals, implements continual performance development, initiates corrective actions and terminate staff as needed.
- a.Identifies key performance indicators around access and throughput, establishes data collection methodology, evaluates performance data, and responds to outcome measurement findings.
- b.Ensures QAPI plans in place to meet national benchmarks and metrics for admissions and throughput.
- c.Assesses customer (internal and external) and patient satisfaction; develops and implement strategies to address and improve satisfaction issues.
- d.Ensures safety events and trends are actively managed and addressed.
- e.Leads organizational efforts to ensure readiness and compliance within One Call Admission Center.
- f.Actively promotes internal and external communication.
- a.Provides oversight and change management for One Call Admission Center.
- b.Accountable for strategic goals and project outcomes for One Call Admission Center.
- c.Provides expert and concise evidence based documents using data to drive decisions and monitors progress.
- d.Leads One Call Steering Committee meeting to support strategic goals and initiatives.
- e.Builds working relationships with other leaders and service lines to drive performance improvement and meets strategic goals for the organization as they relate to One Call Admission Center.
- f.Contributes to a culture of innovation to drive change and improvement.
- a.Provides clinical nursing expertise regarding pediatric population.
- b.Ability to assign resources to match clinical needs within One Call Admission Center.
- c.Ensures compliance with federal and state regulatory agencies and hospital policies.
Relationship Management and Influencing Behaviors
- A.Identifies when conflict remains and intervenes to help resolve.
- b.Identifies issues that require immediate attention and applies principles of crisis management to handle situations as needed.
- c.Influences other leaders through role modeling, good communication, and professional behavior; applies motivational theory and acts as a change agent; assists others in problem solving skills.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.