This position performs a variety of duties related to the legal aspects of healthcare operations including risk management, legal compliance, legal research, investigating and addressing patient complaints and potential claims, preparing and responding to discovery requests and subpoenas, legal research, corporate filings, trademark registrations, drafting agreements and form documents, transaction assistance, assistance with immigration issues and various administrative tasks.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists in processing, responding and objecting to requests for interviews, subpoenas and notices of depositions or trial testimony, witness preparation and helping to standardize such processes throughout the institution.
- Attends various hospital meetings to assist with potential legal problems and policies, as directed by General Counsel and Associate or Assistant General Counsel.
- Assists in conducting investigation and assists in resolution of legal, compliance and risk management matters and anticipated litigation, as directed by General Counsel, Assistant General Counsel or designee.
- Assists in the management of litigation matters, including preparation of appropriate notices and discovery responses, leading document management, which includes identifying, tracking and extracting information from electronic (eDiscovery) and non-electronic data sources, and working with all levels of staff to control and preserve information and documentation, and ensuring the maintenance of up-to-date and accurate litigation files and the development of a protocol for maintaining such files.
- Performs legal and regulatory research and analysis, including preparation of legal documents and investigation of various issues.
- Prepares draft agreements, form documents, corporate filings, and trademark registrations, as needed, and reviews, revises and negotiates contracts under direction of General Counsel, Associate General Counsel or Assistant General Counsel.
- Assists in transactional matters, including maintaining due diligence files, preparing contract assignments, responding to requests for documents and other tasks as requested.
- Assists in maintaining intellectual property portfolio, including screening and submitting applications and renewals of potential trade names and trademarks.
- Works with outside immigration counsel, internal business leaders, General Counsel, and Associate or Assistant General Counsel to compile information, coordinates and monitors visa applications and renewals for prospective and active employees.
- Prepares documentation to form new entities and related filings, maintains appropriate corporate records.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.