This position is responsible for overseeing all daily operations of the Security Dispatch Center which includes but is not limited to, system/database maintenance and updates, updates to dispatch processes, as well as personnel scheduling, training, performance evaluations, and discipline. Adjusts to volume and other demands, monitor dispatch systems and well as dispatch traffic to ensure they are handled properly. Serves as the primary contact for the department with a focus on establishing and maintaining communication with internal departments as well as external agencies to improve communication and work flow.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Effectively manages on a daily basis staff scheduling, performance feedback and evaluations, discipline; provides training, guidance, mentoring and direction as appropriate for ongoing staff development; ensures established training and staff development goals are achieved; uses system generated volume reports, or manual logs to develop and adapt staff schedules to better handle fluctuations in volume and staffing.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvements and awareness of latest technology and practices to improve outcomes. Participates in hospital and department operational and quality improvement initiatives; proactively evaluates systems, practices, and assist create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of the operations
- Oversees daily operational activities of the department and when needed make changes that fall within scope; monitor inbound calls, and dispatching of emergency and non-emergency personnel providing directions and making corrections when needed; serves as dispatcher during times of high volume or low staffing.
- Serves as a primary contact for departmental and staff issues; remains accessible and responds to urgent issues 24/7; responds either in person or remotely to system outages and emergency situations.
- Interacts appropriately with vendors and other internal and external groups to solve departmental issues and improve processes. Executes established hospital and department policies/procedures at all times.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.