- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Effectively manages on a daily basis staff scheduling, performance feedback and evaluations, discipline; provides training, guidance, mentoring and direction as appropriate for ongoing staff development; ensures established training and staff development goals are achieved; uses system generated volume reports, or manual logs to develop and adapt staff schedules to better handle fluctuations in volume and staffing.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvements and awareness of latest technology and practices to improve outcomes. Participates in hospital and department operational and quality improvement initiatives; proactively evaluates systems, practices, and assist create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of the operations
- Oversees daily operational activities of the department and when needed make changes that fall within scope; monitor inbound calls, and dispatching of emergency and non-emergency personnel providing directions and making corrections when needed; serves as dispatcher during times of high volume or low staffing.
- Serves as a primary contact for departmental and staff issues; remains accessible and responds to urgent issues 24/7; responds either in person or remotely to system outages and emergency situations.
- Interacts appropriately with vendors and other internal and external groups to solve departmental issues and improve processes. Executes established hospital and department policies/procedures at all times.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.