This position assists the Point-of-Care coordinator with the Laboratory's Point-of-Care program to ensure operations acheive and comply with the established quality control and regulatory standards. This position requires the Point of Care Specialist to take and pass a board certification exam from an approved accreditation agency within one year of hire.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Assists peers with work assignments as appropriate.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through constantly pursuing knowledge and self-improvement by remaining apprised of current literature, practices, and new developments in the fields covered by medical technology.
- Acts as a liaison between Nursing Education, Clinical Managers, Testing Personnel, and Laboratory to establish and monitor POC testing throughout all PCH facilities.
- Assists Point-of-Care Coordinator (POCC) in establishing and monitoring Quality Control testing, patient testing and reporting of results.
- Assists POCC in researching and selecting new instrumentation and testing kits for POC testing.
- Assists POCC in developing POC policies and procedures.
- Assists POCC with the orientation, training, and competency assessment that is provided to testing personnel, including physicians, as required by regulatory standards.
- Assists POCC in maintaining the inventory of POC supplies; ensures supplies are stored at proper temperature.
- Participates in complex patient testing and quality control testing of samples; plans techniques based on assessment of findings and accepted protocols. Performs instrument calibrations, linearities and comparisons as well as maintenance, and troubleshooting when required.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.