Posting Note: PCH in beautiful Phoenix, AZ, is looking for an Ortho Rehabilitation Nurse Manager to manage a small team of nurses in our orthopedic/rehabilitation unit. This position is unique in that you will have a dual reporting relationship to the Vice President of Acute Care, and will have a dotted line the clinical doctor who is responsible for the medical care of the children in this unit. The incumbent will have experience in managing a staff, as well as be able to work at bedside when needed. This role is a very “hands on” type of manager. The incumbent will manage, evaluate and supervises operational functions and activities of assigned area by guiding and supporting staff and serving as liaison with other departments to facilitate quick resolution of issues to ensure excellence in a family centered care environment. • Position does require previous leadership experience in a hospital setting; • BSN is required for this role, or actively seeking higher level education. • Experience in Pediatric Orthopedic is a huge plus!!!
This position manages, evaluates and supervises operational functions and activities of assigned area by guiding and supporting staff and serving as liaison with other departments to facilitate quick resolution of issues to ensure excellence in a family centered care environment.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As needed, provides developmentally appropriate clinical care within professional domain to ensure delivery of quality integrated developmentally appropriate patient care; participates as appropriate in emergent situations.
- Develops and supervises staff through provision of timely feedback and use of appropriate Human Resource policies and tools to facilitate and ensure the ability of staff to achieve highest level of professional growth and desired performance standards.
- Manages the operational activities during a designated shift for a specific nursing unit by guiding and supporting staff as well as acting as liaison with other areas to facilitate quick resolution to issues.
- Provides timely review and feedback to management team for fiscal responsibilities of designated areas reflecting optimal utilization of all resources.
- Works closely and in conjunction with other disciplines and specialty areas to ensure effective and coordinated delivery of high quality care.
- Works collaboratively with Clinical Supervisors to identify staff performance issues/needs, provides feedback and support to address staff issues requiring immediate intervention, and identifies educational needs to ensure maintenance of established performance, competency, and quality standards.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.