In collaboration with the department and other support areas, the Director of Strategy is responsible for the process and development of the system strategic plan, supporting service line, market and network development plans, and appropriate action and scenario plans for assigned regions. This position is responsible for the overall coordination and evaluation of the strategy team and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the PCH’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Strategic Planning & Business Plan Development focused in 4 areas:
1.Physician Integration – Developing executable strategies and tactics to grow and align employed, clinically integrated, and independent physicians in PCH’s efforts to dramatically improve access and affordability of high, quality care
2.Build up world-class programs – Support the development of existing and new clinical centers of excellence that offer the best care locally to the growing community of Phoenix, Arizona and beyond.
3.Transform from a hospital to a system of care – Expand the geographic reach and accessibility of our programs through new market entry and the development of partnerships.
4.Pioneer the development of innovative products that reward better care delivery – As a solo institution, and in partnership with others, reshape the business and clinical models of pediatric care to offer novel programs that improve health in defined populations.
The specific tasks required to develop plans include:
• Manages and supports organizational strategic planning and business plan development processes for hospitals, strategic business units and product lines for assigned region
• Facilitates Planning Team/Task Force
• Outlines market and service line analyses
• Oversees the collection and analysis of key data
• Oversees competitive analysis and facilitates development of SWOT assessment
• Ensures the integrity of financial assumptions
• Determines business feasibility and development
• Coordinates with overall organizational strategic goals and objective
Project Planning & Team Management:
- Maintains global involvement in organizational initiatives
- Fosters and ensures the completion of employee development plans for all staff
- Facilitates and/or participates on project teams focusing on variety of topics
- Organizes workload staff to optimize ability to respond effectively
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.