This position works under the direction of the administrative medical director to assist in the implementation of selected portions of the care plan, and perform a variety of direct patient care services through defined protocols/standing orders approved by the administrative medical director.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
As directed and supervised by the healthcare professional, performs patient care interventions.
- Initiates IVs Venous access (IV initiation and blood draws).
- Administers approved medications
- Monitors chest tubes Venous access (IV initiation and blood draws).
- NG/OG placement.
- Urinary catheter placement (straight and indwelling).
- Application of oxygen.
- Indwelling port access.
- Defibrillation/cardioversion (under direct supervision of an LIP
Performs focused assessment of their interventions.
- Patency of IV lines or pre- and post-medication pain scores
- Paramedics also perform focused assessments based on patients chief complaints in the absence of an immediately available RN.
- Participates in a variety of in-service programs, meetings, and rounds as indicated.
- Performs a variety of activities to provide for the ongoing maintenance of the department`s environment and patient care needs.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.