Category: Radiology/Imaging Svcs
Posting #: 434198
Date Posted: 1/23/2019
Employee Type: PRN
This position performs a variety of tasks relative to the tracking and monitoring of video EEG in the Pediatric Epilepsy Monitor Unit (PEMU).
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Maintains continuous and active video and audio monitoring of EEG patients on XLTEK equipment, and addresses recording issues and concerns as needed.
- Adjusts and maintains appropriate camera distance and tracking on patients.
- Answers patient alarms at the EEG monitor station, notifies nursing staff of alarms as needed, and clears alarms (when applicable).
- Documents O2 events, seizure events, and heat rate events in patient activity log or onto recording.
- Alerts to patient alarms at the EEG monitor station, notifies nursing staff of alarms as needed, and clears alarm if and when applicable.
- Documents equipment and recording issues and concerns; notifies appropriate team member in a timely manner.
Maintains and distributes up-to-date recording status information of ongoing continuous EEG recordings.
- Maintains accurate and current log of all active ongoing video EEG recordings.
- (This includes active PEMU recording and other long-term video EEG recordings throughout the hospital; PICU and NICU).
- Notifies the EEG department when a patient recording has been discontinued; documents date and time of disconnect on PEMU log.
Continuing education and development
- Uses opportunities to further knowledge base of EEG basics, including:amplitude and frequency of waveforms; variety and types of artifacts on the recording; bad electrodes; poor recording quality.
- Strives to become familiar with and is able to identify clinical changes in the patient
- Strives to become familiar with and is able to identify significant recording changes, including various types of seizures.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.