The Business Development Market Research Specialist is a dynamic researcher who surveys corporate business preferences and analyzes data to support the decision making process in response to cause-related marketing and promotions. This position is an integral partner of the corporate fundraising team adept to pro-actively identifying and qualifying new business leads to support the fundraising efforts of Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation. The market researcher is able to generate market insights, analyze qualitative data, trends, and competition targeted at increasing Phoenix Children’s Hospital Foundation’s competiveness in the B2B and B2C market. This position is responsible for developing profiles, and delivering actionable recommendations that influence fundraising strategies. The incumbent has a high level of intellectual curiosity, analytical mindset, is impact driven and comfortable working in a team-oriented, high-volume, fast-paced, donor-centric environment
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Use creative techniques to provide research on corporations using a variety of established resources of public information to identify and qualify prospects.
- Analyze and synthesize accumulated information to provide insight into a corporation’s position in the community and linkages to the hospital, assess financial capacity, philanthropic tendencies and giving propensity. Prepare confidential profiles.
- Consult with corporate fundraising team to develop strategies for corporate partners by studying the integration opportunities of business objectives that align with Phoenix Children’s marketing assets and estimating partners' needs and goals.
- Monitor and dissect economic and industry trends. Conduct qualitative research. Work collaboratively with business analyst to interpret and translate detailed information. Respond to research requests and collaborate with the research team on select projects.
- Maintain robust understanding of funding priorities and programs of the hospital to determine alignment with corporate partners.
- Maintain active awareness of relevant news related to philanthropy and corporate giving landscape. Monitor and distribute information about prospective and current partners.
- Contribute to advancing the foundation’s development operations as it pertains to: information systems; research processes and procedures; and related support services.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.