The Director of Diagnostic Imaging is responsible for leading and directing the day-to-day administrative management and operation of PCH Imaging. These departments include; Cardio Diagnostic, Diagnostic Radiology, EEG and Neuro-Diagnostics. This job is accountable for ensuring hospital and regulatory standards compliance, development and enforcement of service line policies and procedures, equipment management, scheduling and participation in the performance improvement initiatives. The Director leads activities including the establishment of a clean and safe environment, maintains knowledge of applicable laws and standards of responsible services and enforces compliance. Facilitates promotion and marketing of existing new services in alignment with organization’s strategic initiatives.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Develops and supervises staff through provision of timely feedback and use of appropriate Human Resources policies and tools to facilitate and ensure the ability of staff to achieve highest level of professional growth and desired performance standards.
- Develops clinical and financial outcome measures, related tracking and monitoring systems, and a mechanism to integrate efforts into organization-wide Quality Improvement systems. Develop quality measures to meet dashboard metrics. Stays abreast of changing technology. Understands and is conversant with the clerical operations and administrative functions. Maintains current knowledge of, and assures compliance with, all regulatory and accreditation requirement.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates departmental, functional, and/or service related policies and procedures. Proactively assesses program, service, and functional effectiveness. Makes regular and consistent effort to develop and facilitate continuous process improvement.
- Develops, manages, and supervises assigned area’s materials and supply management function to ensure safety, access, and cost effectiveness. Supports the system Infection Control policies. Maintains current Employee Health requirements for position.
- Directs process of establishing a clear strategic direction for assigned areas to ensure mission, vision, and values are upheld and strategy is consistent with the annual organizational plan of the Hospital.
- Directs, manages, and supervises administrative operations of assigned areas to ensure highest quality developmentally appropriate patient care consistent with established professional, regulatory, and governmental standards. Ensures practices standards are within ACR guidelines. Assures that an appropriate standard of quality is maintained in the Diagnostic Imaging Services Department through procedures, quality controls, and ongoing evaluations. Interviews, hires, and disciplines employees within the Diagnostic Imaging Department as necessary.
- Facilitates planning efforts for assigned areas, focusing on effective translation of strategy into operational objectives and specific, measurable goals with associated deliverables consistent and in support of hospital goals.
- Facilitates the professional growth of staff by accurately assessing learning needs, styles, and barriers to learning and coordinating learning opportunities in conjunction with education staff.
- Facilitates a plan to acquire and maintain both internal and external physician referrals. Facilitates promotion and marketing of existing new services. Demonstrates knowledge of external market conditions and establishes new programs to serve patient and/or institutional needs. Coordinates facilities planning, remodeling and occupancy. Coordinates equipment evaluation, purchases, and staff training.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.