The Pharmacy 340B Analyst is responsible for developing and maintaining all pharmacy systems related to the 340B Program and ensures compliance with 340B regulatory requirements. This position leads the 340B internal and external auditing program, 340B split-billing system operations and maintenance, and monitors 340B key performance indicators. This position reports directly to the Manager, Pharmacy Business Services for hiring, termination and evaluation, and is accountable to the Chief of Pharmacy Services for compliance and operations. This position has no direct reports.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Analyzes data sets from various information systems to assess and assures compliance with HRSA’s 340B Program regulatory requirements.
- a. Diversion
- b. Duplicate Discounts
- c. Group Purchasing Organization Prohibition Violations
- d. Office of Pharmacy Affairs Information System errors
- e. 340B program trends
Responsible for accurate maintenance of the 340B split-billing system including, but not limited to:
- a. New products are added to information systems in a timely manner.
- b. National Drug Code crosswalks are up to date.
- c. CMS Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) mapping is accurate across the split-billing system, Pharmacy Information System, and other systems.
- d. Enters manual invoices in the split-billing system.
- e. Locations are mapped correctly in the split-billing system.
- f. Develop a process to compare volumes in split-billing system to volumes in organizational revenue cycle/billing systems. Provides active monitoring of this process on an on-going basis.
- Develops and maintains reports of 340B Key Performance Indicators and 340B financial results. Provides reports as needed to pharmacy leadership, Compliance, Finance, IT, Legal departments, and executive leadership as requested.
- Proactively assists Pharmacy Business Manager with preparing 340B compliance policies, procedures and related approaches to 340B purchasing and program operations to meet organizational, state and program standards. Maintains current knowledge on 340B programs and attends related continuous education events.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.