This position develops and maintains positive vendor relationships on behalf of the Hospital to ensure ongoing availability of products, supplies, and materials by negotiating prices, terms, and conditions to ensure maintenance of stock levels in accordance with established policies, standards, and accrediting and licensing requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Maintains appropriate documentation and/or copies of all purchase orders and corresponding records/receipts to ensure compliance with all licensing and accrediting regulations and requirements.
- Negotiates contracts for equipment, supplies, and services to ensure procurement of required materials most economically while developing and maintaining positive vendor relationships.
- Prepares a variety of managerial reports and analysis, including, but not limited to, budget information, supply utilization, replenishment levels, and capital expenditures to assist develop recommendations and strategies to minimize expenses.
- Prepares purchasing requisitions for supplies, services, and materials to ensure timely availability in support of operations in accordance with established policies and pricing constraints.
- Prepares requests for proposals/quotes and analyzes bid responses to ensure optimal terms and conditions at best price in accordance with established requirements and standards.
- Procures difficult and complicated purchases, including, but not limited to, major supplies, prime vendor agreements, locally negotiated agreements, and pooled purchase contracts. Contributes to cost savings through negotiations.
- Serves as liaison between hospital and vendors, wholesalers, and group purchasing organizations to assist in timely delivery of product information.
- Works closely and cooperatively with other staff members and senior management, providing technical support and expert counsel of product and vendor information to develop recommendations for procurement.
- Works closely and in conjunction with departmental management to establish inventory level standards to ensure continuously availability of items.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.