The Pediatric Nurse Practitioner promotes patient health through delivery of professional expanded nursing care appropriate to patients age and condition as documented in the nursing and medical plans of care in accordance with nursing/patient care practice standards and hospital goals, values and standards.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- As primary advanced nursing care provider, delegates activities appropriately and provides timely feedback and review of care delivery to ensure maintenance of patient safety, infection control procedures, therapeutic environment, and team members' performance level, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
- Conducts comprehensive or episodic health assessments of clinic specific diagnoses. Assessments include medical status, psychosocial status, cognitive status, personal assets, and limitations to learning.
- Continually evaluates patients' response to care, teaching and discharge plan. Documents patient progress in appropriate charts and shares observations and assessment outcomes with health care team and family to ensure timely communication and understanding of patient health status, progress, and ongoing needs.
- Establishes systems and processes to promote and improve operational efficiencies for the pediatric subspecialty clinic.
- Maintains professional and technical competency through regular participation in a variety of educational programs and in-services, reviewing relevant professional publication and materials, and participating in professional societies to ensure ongoing understanding of most current methodologies, practices, and philosophies as applied to patient care population.
- Works collaboratively with patient care team and family members to establish and implement plan of care to ensure coordination of activities and ongoing communication of patient health status. Participates in patient care rounds and patient care conferences as appropriate.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.