The Transplant Financial Tech performs a variety of clerical duties for the Transplant Financial Services department to support the ongoing accuracy and completeness of all insurance verification, billing, collections and support services in accordance with established policies, practices and regulatory requirements.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Insurance Eligibility and Verification of Transplant Cases
- Works with the Manager, Transplant and Special Programs Contract Operations and Transplant Financial Coordinator to check insurance eligibility and benefits for all transplant cases on a monthly basis and when new phases of care begin. Provides completed insurance verification and benefit summary forms for all commercial plans for active and post-transplant patient cases.
Coordination of PCMG and External Purchased Services Claims
- Prints and distributes incoming facsimiles received from external vendors and purchased services partners for both accounts receivable phasing and account payable processing and maintains a seven (7) day turnaround to the Transplant Reimbursement team members. Phases all incoming transplant claims by component for PCH and PCMG
Transplant Financial Database Tracking and Posting
- Performs data entry into the Transplant Financial Database of patient case charges, payments and adjustments along with posting PCMG, PCH and purchased services claims.
Monitoring and Tracking Active Transplant Cases
- Reviews and checks weekly all active transplant cases for current authorizations by component or phase of care. Provides the Transplant Financial Coordinator with a list.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.