The Residency Program Rotation Coordinator works as an integral part of the Pediatric Residency Program team and is responsible for building and managing the resident rotation schedules. This position works in close collaboration with the Chief Residents, Residency Program Administrators across all rotating sites, PCH and MIHS ED schedulers, and the Associate Program Director overseeing the resident service grid.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Monthly Rotation Schedules
- Creates monthly resident and resident rotator schedules for all inpatient rotations, within ACGME duty hour guidelines. Manages resident time off and vacation requests to include receipt, approval, and/or denial in a timely and effective manner. Ensures that residents are scheduled and participate in required EMR update workshops, select required conferences and events (EPEC, Pediatric Update, Intern Boot Camp, Holiday event, Graduation, etc). Inputs schedules into Amion and New Innovations. Reviews schedules with Chief residents before publishing and ensures schedules are released a minimum of 3 months in advance.
- Monitor continuity clinic schedules and communicate scheduling conflicts and cancellations across all sites.
- Create and maintains attendance logs for Academic Block Conference
Resident Service Grid
- Reviews PCH/MMC and Med-Peds resident grid requests. Contacts grid rotator coordinators from affiliated institutions for new academic year grid and review rotating resident requests.
- Communicates with PCH, MIHS, and St. Josephs Rotator coordinators regarding details of rotator grids and rotator information. Creates, balances, and reviews grid and input into Amion and New Innovations. Manages elective requests, assigns, and inputs into Amion and New Innovations. Notifies elective rotation directors of resident schedule for the academic year and of any changes throughout the year. Compiles summary reports as required by the GME offices.
- Responds to resident questions and concerns as required for resolving scheduling issues and conflicts.
- Additional scheduling responsibilities will be phased in for Development, Adolescent and Community and Advocacy rotations.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.