The Talent Development Specialist works closely with other members of the Talent Development team and HR colleagues to develop skills of frontline staff to improve performance and behaviors. Assists in the execution and implementation of organizational and departmental programs and initiatives. Responsibilities include assisting with curriculum design, facilitating, supporting, and evaluating departmental and organization-wide initiatives and programs for clinical or non-clinical frontline employees in alignment with PCH’s strategic needs and talent management endeavors, including (but not limited to) onboarding, culture, competencies, employee engagement, team building, performance management, talent assessment, succession planning, diversity and inclusion, change management, recognition, and retention efforts.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Partners with other Talent Development and HR team members to improve employee performance and effectiveness through the deployment of customized and organizational interventions, solutions, and initiatives.
- Facilitates required workshops and follows-up on employees’ progress by incorporating knowledge of adult learning theory.
- Proactively evaluates and supports the needs of various departments.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and models PCH’s Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Measures the efficiency, effectiveness, and outcomes of Talent Development programs and shares with Talent Development team.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Federal, State and local laws/regulations; the PCH Code of Conduct; and other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behavior.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.