Posting Note: #PCHCB
The Processing Supervisor hires and oversees the laboratory processing and phlebotomy staff. The Processing Supervisor provides general supervision for assigned staff to ensure daily technical operations achieve and comply with established operating budget, quality control, inventory management and regulatory standards. The Processing Supervisor works collaboratively with nursing leadership and lab leadership to implement best practices including phlebotomy in children, with special attention to optimal specimen collection technique and pain management. The Processing Supervisor performs a variety of routine laboratory specimen processing functions from patients of all ages to provide data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease, as needed. The Processing Supervisor reports to the Clinical Laboratory Manager.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Supervises daily operations of the processing and phlebotomy service areas. Monitors effectiveness of workflow and adherence to best practices for patient safety. Oversees inventory management for their designated areas.
- Participates in hospital and department operational and quality improvement initiatives; proactively evaluates systems, practices, and assists to create and implement changes to increase and enhance the effectiveness of the operations.
- Monitors and maintains specimen processing and phlebotomy quality metrics.
- Ensures adherence to departmental operating and capital budgets.
- Supervises work activities of lab assistants and phlebotomists to ensure competency assessment, ongoing staff development, and excellence in patient satisfaction. Provides timely feedback to staff and resolves problems and addresses concerns of staff, medical care teams, and patients. Responsible for selection and supervision of personnel, scheduling for coverage of services, revision of policies and procedures pertaining to laboratory processing and phlebotomy services.
- Processes patient specimens according to the established quality standards, methods, and practices to prepare them for send out and/or in-house laboratory testing.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.