This is a grant funded position (Delta Dental), which is responsible to provide enterprise wide oral health education for patients at PCH. The position is responsible to track/trend leading and lagging indicators to represent the work and outcomes expected.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Collaborates with clinical colleagues across the enterprise to support the grant funded goals and objectives for dental education at PCH.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates learning opportunities based on evidence.
- Using a variety of strategies, performs preventive dental health education to patients and colleagues consistent with the prioritization plan, which initially includes a focus on hem/onc patients, newly listed cardiac transplant cases, and critical care ventilated patients.
- Prepare oral health education materials in consultation with Emily Center
- Educate patients/parents/caregivers about oral care, modifying instructions and education to age appropriate level as necessary.
- Engages in ongoing organizational endeavors which support the philosophy and values of PCH and the professional development of all staff.
- Participates in the dissemination of knowledge via podium, poster presentations, publication submission, and/or other forms of scholarly information exchange.
- Participates in evidence based practice and research, from initial planning through and including publication of work.
- Role models, mentors, and promotes professional development across the enterprise.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.