This position schedules Operating Room, Cath Lab, Radiology, Endoscopy, and/or Bronchoscopy procedures, utilizing appropriate IS systems according to procedure type, utilizing knowledge of physician procedures, privileges, and block time when appropriate and enters pertinent patient data and specific physician requests, initiates the billing process by entering pertinent charges and patient information in the PCH charging system.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Schedules procedures in appropriate rooms and/or assigned blocks.
- Effectively schedules procedure rooms for optimal utilization.
- Notifies staff, referring physicians, patients, and families of scheduled procedures and expected arrival times.
Physician communication and requests
- a. Documents physician specific requests and maintains complete and accurate records.
- b. Coordinates communication between physicians by supplying current contact information and facilitating consultation as appropriate.
- a. Initiates billing process in a timely manner and justifies charges on a daily basis.
- b. Corrects or modifies discrepancies in scheduling and/or billing.
- c. Uses and understands medical/surgical terminology and approved abbreviations.
- Maintains system integrity and confidentiality of data. Participates in systems upgrades, as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.