This positions serves as liaison to the trauma program for outside hospitals, pre-hospital providers , and EMS services. This position will be the point person for pre-hospital case review, policy and procedure development and revision, and problem resolution for the trauma department.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Quality and performance improvement
- Acts as a liaison to internal customers (staff and physicians), external medical facilities, EMS services, and training facilities which may include core and/or protocol competency, continuing education, base station orientation, pre-hospital protocols and communication tools.
- Provide trauma case review, follow up, and performance improvement for transferred and transported patients; reviews pre-hospital/OSH data elements; coordinates Performance Improvement issue resolution.
- Assists and participates in the development of trauma-related policies and procedures by using knowledge of legal structures, resources, and constraints in relation to the role of the hospital, performance of EMS providers, and patient rights.
- Obtains delinquent EMS trip report forms; monitors and reviews pre-hospital trip sheets for quality standards of care.
- Organizes, implements, and instructs a variety of outreach continuing education programs for EMS, emergency medical training facilities, healthcare facilities, allied health professionals and lay public regarding pediatric trauma.
- Supports trauma program strategic plan for education.
Outreach and marketing
- Assists in the assessment of referral patterns of EMS services and medical facilities to determine if department activities are resulting in increased referrals.
- Enhances accessibility to PCH and increases knowledge of PCH through relationship management with referral sources and other health care providers.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.