This position collects payments for an assigned segment of the Accounts Receivable and performs collection duties in accordance with established federal and state regulations.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Bills both electronically and manually, as needed, and uses all technology available to produce clean claims
- Interprets claims processing reports and applies information to produce clean claims.
- Maintains current knowledge of regulatory billing requirements.
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean claim.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards in the completion of daily assignments and accurate production
- Must have the ability to analyze coding to assure proper billing of claim.
- Participates in a variety of hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Requests and attaches required clinical documentation in accordance with third party requirements.
- Services accounts in priority of importance, independently billing accounts with understanding of all applicable insurance and CMS regulations. Prioritizes work to maximized turn around time.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.