The Division Chief shall serve as the leader of their division and achieve clinical, research and academic programmatic goals while providing financial oversight of the Division. In addition, the division chief shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Patient Care Services
- 1)Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary
- 2)Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care
- 3)Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals and develop division’s specific targets
- 4)Support and develop divisional patient safety and quality of care standards
- 5)Practice Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine
- 1)Provide clinical and administrative leadership of the division in collaboration with the Chief Operations Officer (COO) of PCMG, director, and/or manager
- 2)Act as key liaison between the division, PCH and PCMG executive management
- 3)Monitor the division’s financial, productivity and quality performance in collaboration with the manager and director; take action as feasible to attain established targets and goals
- 4)Participate in development of and submission of the budget for the division, with support from PCMG administration
- 5)Establish quality metrics for division
- 6)Establish annual staff physician goals and objectives in collaboration with individual physicians within their division
- 7)Evaluate the performance of the physicians in the division annually. Establish remediation plan for underperforming physicians.
- 8)Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual division chief goals and objectives (e.g. personal, division, hospital).
- 9)Review needs of the community for programmatic growth and develop necessary strategies for implementation. This may require:
- a.Recruitment of physicians as needed
- b.Identification of resources
- c.Participation in operational strategies
- 10)Support and/or develop the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division
- 11)Provide vision and development of the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division
- 12)Support and/or develop satellite expansion as needed
- 13)Hold divisional meetings regularly and communicate institutional messages to staff promptly.
- 14)Provide a means for staff physician feedback to the division chief
- 1)Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect
- 2)Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment
- 3)Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability
- 1)Act as liaison to the professional community and general public
- 2)Interface with PCH foundation when applicable
- 3)Physician may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- 4)Physician shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner
- 5)The following physical and mental skills are essential to the physician’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.