Posting Note: This position will work specifically with inpatient and outpatient Hematology/Oncology patients
The Staff Psychologist shall provide patient care services and will support the PCH mission of providing hope, healing and the best health care for children and their families.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Patient Care Services
- Provide patient care services for which he/she is clinically privileged, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct patient care services on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
- b)Provide subspecialty consultations and follow-up.
- c)Provide diagnostic and therapeutic services/procedures.
- d)Provide these services for urgent/ emergent care as necessary.
- Strive to achieve the best patient and family centered care.
- Support Hospital’s patient satisfaction goals as well as division’s specific targets.
- Support and adhere to divisional patient safety and quality of care standards.
- Practices Contemporary Evidence based medicine or latest experience based medicine.
- Establish and demonstrate effort to achieve annual goals and objectives (e.g. individual, division, hospital).
- Support the medical education programs and activities of the Division, including but not limited to:
- a)Provide direct supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals for the delivery of inpatient and outpatient services when applicable.
- b)Conduct teaching rounds, lectures and conference for trainees.
- c)Participate in the teaching and supervision of trainees and allied health care professionals assigned to the division.
- d)Participate in the postgraduate continuing educational activities of the division.
- Support the research endeavors of the division including the research initiatives by other members of the division.
- Support programmatic growth of division.
- Support satellite efforts of division when appropriate.
- Treat colleagues, PCH employees and customers with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- Promote safe, cooperative and professional health care environment.
- Support PCH mission, vision and values, including family centered care, excellence in clinical care, leadership, collaboration, and accountability.
- Psychologist shall support the Division Chief in his/her role as liaison to the professional community and general public as requested by the Division Chief.
- Psychologist may conduct teaching rounds or conferences outside of PCH, particularly if these activities support divisional clinical and teaching programs/ initiatives.
- Psychologist shall represent PCH in the medical and business communities and before the general public in a professional manner.
- The following physical and mental skills are essential to the psychologist’s ability to successfully perform the foregoing duties and responsibilities:
- a)The ability to communicate by telephone, computer or other communication devices.
- b)The ability to perform after hours or night call responsibilities as needed.
- c)The ability to work regularly scheduled work hours.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.