Posting Note: Please note: This position seeks a seasoned event planner with 2-4 years of professional experience, leading a team in all aspects of event planning – preferably in charitable events.
This position designs and implements a variety of special events to benefit PCH and works in conjunction with the Foundation's Directors, this position is the liaison to all community events benefiting PCH and also assists in the planning, implementing and overseeing of annual beneficiary events held for the Foundation.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Coordinates the logistics and provides leadership to various assigned beneficiary/annual events - which are designed to raise visibility and funds for Phoenix Children's Hospital.
- Works with the Director of Special Events to develop appropriate strategies and timelines, to increase participation and fund raising results, which includes event dates, invitation mailings, and necessary event preparation schedules
- Prepares appropriate invitations and other collateral materials for all phases of the events program, including but not limited to: sponsorship materials, flyers, brochures, bid sheets, descriptions sheets, signage, etc.
- Manages all logistical arrangements for the events and prepares progress reports as necessary
Budget & Finances
- Creates event budgets and maintains a consistent and reliable financial accounting of fund raising event progress, detailing results towards all established quantitative benchmarks
Managing Event Committees & Volunteers
- Manages, monitors, and evaluates staff and volunteers that help facilitate or have responsibility at designated events. Additionally, delegates responsibilities to assigned volunteers and/or interns
- Provides staff support to volunteer committees for various events, including meeting attendance (when necessary), facilitating tours, and recognition parties. As well as serving as host as needed at various events.
Reports & Record Keeping
- Works with the Operations Coordinator - Special Events in overseeing the function of the support systems in Raiser's Edge relative to events, including receipting and acknowledging gifts, records keeping, and reporting
- Conducts post-event evaluations and reports to Director of Special Events
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.