Posting Note: #PCHCB
This position oversees and ensures the efficient daily operation of the clinical laboratory and transfusion services for all PCH facilities, including the Outpatient Specialty/Urgent Care Center Laboratories and Satellite Offices (excluding anatomic pathology services and molecular genomics laboratory). Administrative duties include the selection and supervision of personnel, implementation of acceptable lab procedure and cost-effective operation. This position receives supervision of completed work activities from the Laboratory Administrative Director.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Coordinates departmental functions within the organization.
- Develops and implements appropriate policies and procedures within the guidelines of the organization.
- Assists supervisors in developing, evaluating, or providing access to, new testing as needed.
- Develops, implements, and communicates departmental mission, vision and strategic plan.
- Ensures adherence to departmental operating and capital budgets.
- Monitors productivity reports (EPSi) and time management reports (Kronos) to ensure laboratory is meeting benchmark metrics.
- Develops and supervises staff through provision of timely feedback and use of appropriate Human Resource policies and tools to facilitate and ensure the ability of staff to achieve highest level of professional growth and desired performance standards. Assists supervisors with employee performance evaluations and coaching.
- Helps to select and negotiate terms of contract with outside vendors, purchase of equipment, contracts for services provided at Reference laboratories, and outreach contracts for laboratory services performed at PCH, in coordination with the Laboratory Administrative Director and executive leadership team.
- Contributes to strategic planning for the clinical laboratory. Develops business plan with annual revision in alignment with hospital initiatives.
- Performs cost-per-test analysis that informs test charges for new and existing tests. Provides financial analysis of send-out costs vs. in-house costs for specific tests, and advises management team of opportunities for in-sourcing of laboratory tests and services.
- Advises management team of outreach opportunities to provide pediatric testing and laboratory services within the region. Works with hospital strategy department and marketing department to develop effective customer service interfaces and resources that promote PCH laboratory as a reference laboratory.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.