Posting Note: Full-time (40 hrs per/wk) position; Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm.
This position coordinates and oversees the ordering, receiving, stocking and distributing of all pharmaceuticals for GPO, Direct, WAC and 340B purchases and related supplies for PCH Department of Pharmacy to ensure ongoing maintenance of proper stock levels in accordance with established policies, standards, accrediting, and regulatory licensing requirements. Works in collaboration with the 340B Coordinator for 340B purchasing. This position receives supervision from the Pharmacy Operations Manager, Clinical Pharmacy Manager and Supervisors and reports directly to the Chief of Pharmacy Services. This position does not supervise any other position.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Efficiently and proactively places daily orders for pharmaceutical products, IV solutions medication, and supplies; receives, stocks, shelves the orders and distributes items in accordance with established replenishment levels and returns outdated medications to vendors. Arranges for acquisition of medications on an urgent or emergency basis to ensure optimal availability in support of patient care needs using available vendors or borrow/loan methods.
- Coordinates and monitors department loan/borrow program and all associated forms; arranges for reconciliation to ensure accuracy of all records. Assures pharmaceutical and other supply levels to provide for continuous adequate stock levels in accordance with established policies pricing constraints and patient needs at all times.
- Responsible for daily manual and automated inventory management of all pharmaceuticals, IV solutions and related supplies to assure no stock outs where available to purchase. Coordinates annual physical inventory of departmental pharmaceuticals, including controlled substances, to ensure continuously accurate inventory records.
- Proactively suggests and initiates recommendations for alternative product selections and/or increased efficiencies to assist reduce operating expenses through reduction in prices and maximizing contract and 340B savings.
- Actively purchases using the wholesale information, PCH Purchasing system and 340B Split Billing Software programs as required by vendor and department instruction and regulatory compliance. Actively serves as the purchasing expert for all related systems for purchasing and inventory management and maintains costs within budget.
- Maintains appropriate documentation and/or copies of all purchase orders and corresponding records/receipts of controlled substances to ensure compliance with the Joint Commission (TJC), Arizona State Board of Pharmacy and Federal (DEA, FDA, CMS) licensing, and accrediting regulations and requirements.
- Proactively notifies departmental staff and leadership of problems and/or issues pertaining to pharmaceutical products inventory or acquisition or contract deviations; coordinates and oversees notices, removal and processing of all recalled products from Pharmacy and patient care areas.
- Effectively communicates related to product availability and serves as the first level liaison between Pharmacy Staff, pharmaceutical vendors, wholesalers, and group purchasing organizations to assist in timely delivery of product information. Works closely and in conjunction with pharmacy staff, nurses, and physicians to establish inventory level standards to ensure continuously availability of items.
- Actively and accurately maintains GPO, 340B and WAC contract purchasing at expected levels of > 95% and provides wholesaler and direct vendor purchasing reports as requested by the Chief of Pharmacy Services, Pharmacy Business Manager or other pharmacy department leaders. Provides purchasing history by vendor including purchase price, quantities ordered, and total expenditures to the Chief of Pharmacy and Pharmacy Business Manager as requested.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.