Posting Note: Full-time (40 hrs per/week); Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm position.
This position assists in the planning and operational management of a specialty rehab program and is the systems consultant on matters relating to MBS, Swallow Clinic & Intensive Feeding programs, as well training and coordination of feeding therapy skills development. This position consults with the Clinical Supervisors within the Rehab Dept, Supervisors and Managers of collaborative departments, physicians and professionals at other facilities regarding the provision of care, development of programs and clinical skills. In addition, this person will provide direct patient care and provides leadership for the daily administrative functions of these specialty programs.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Provides clinical leadership and training for employees of the intensive feeding program by conducting and coordinating internal use review of clinical cases. Provides or coordinates discipline specific education and develops and/or tests clinical pathways. Enhances staff development through the establishment of program and individual goals. Participates in discipline specific and multidisciplinary program expansion.
- Coordinates the swallow clinic and intensive feeding programs, which include scheduling coordination, program organization, training and standards of practice.
- Evaluates and treats patients, demonstrating knowledge of normal development and skills necessary to provide age appropriate intervention. Provides care as outlined in the standards of care section of the Policies and Procedures Manual. Uses pediatric-based behavior management strategies and matches diagnostic/therapeutic interventions to age and disability of children. Establishes appropriate treatment plan with age appropriate goals and target timeframes, which are discussed and mutually agreed upon with the family or other caregivers.
- Assists with the appraisal process by bringing a relevant clinical perspective for speech pathologists in the feeding and swallowing program. Assists in the interviewing process and makes recommendations for hiring and terminating employees.
- Consults with physicians regarding program issues. Coordinates in-service schedules, insuring completion of evaluation forms and presentation of in-service to staff after attending an outside educational activity. Communicates with other site coordinators about in service opportunities.
- Provides educational programs and in-service training to physicians in training, physicians in general, staff, and others in the community. -
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.