Posting Note: This position is for a nurse practitioner to join our adult CF program here at Phoenix Children’s. The position is a combination of clinical time (seeing patients for regular CF appts or f/u PFT visits) and admin/program coordination time including management/treatment of sick calls, QI projects, transition, grant applications, hospital admissions, coordination with outside specialties, etc. We currently have 2 physicians that see adult CF patients. The Adult CF NP and nurse program coordinator work closely together as the central hub of our adult CF program as both positions are fully dedicated to adult CF and do not cover other specialty areas or clinics. Our adult CF program consists of roughly 250 adult patients and is growing at a steady rate. Additionally, within our pulmonology department, we have a pediatric CF program which consists of roughly 200-250 patients, a sleep program, trach/vent program, severe asthma, aero digestive, cocci clinic, and general pulmonology.
The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) promotes patient health through delivery of professional expended nursing care appropriate to patients' age and condition as documented in the nursing and medical plans of care in accordance with nursing/patient care practice standards and hospital goals, values and standards. The FNP is involved in education, consultation, research and evaluation of clinical practice at various levels.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Provides high quality, culturally sensitive, cost-effective, time efficient, age appropriate, family-centered inpatient, urgent and ambulatory care to patients; directs the health care team in providing comprehensive care for the patients.
Collaborates care with internal and external customers
- Provides consultation and recommendations regarding known adults and children to physicians and subspecialty providers.
- Implements complex communication strategies to advance health care policy.
- May participate in research activities including federally-funded projects and clinical trials that allow us to give our patients the best and most up-to-date care.
Education and Networking
- May collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to design, manage and implement education programs.
- May establish professional networks to improve outcomes for patients and families.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.