Posting Note: **PRN/Per-diem**
This position completes the tasks assigned and the duties that are pertinent to the care of athletes outside the clinic. Outside the clinic, the athletic trainer provides support to local high schools and athletic teams, attends games, competitions and practice, and evaluates injuries to determine their management and initial and on-going treatment, when necessary. The athletic trainer will also determine when a referral to a physician is necessary and initiate that referral.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Collaborates with the physician regarding patient's plan of care
- Instructs patients with home exercise programs and supervises patient's progress including gain training, therapeutic exercises, rehabilitation, and conditioning programs. Provides patient education materials.
- Prepares athletes for practice or competition, including taping, bracing, and bandaging. Attends games, competitions, practice and tournaments. Evaluates injuries to determine their management and possible referral to a physician.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.