Posting Note: SANE RN opportunities Currently hiring for PRN Night Shift positions. Three plus years of clinical nursing experience working with children in an acute pediatric setting; Completion of an accredited SANE RN Pediatric/Adult training course; Current AZ RN License.
This position will work in collaboration with the healthcare team, patient and family to promote patient health through delivery of professional nursing care appropriate to patient’s age and condition as documented in the nursing and medical plans of care in accordance with evidence-based nursing and patient care practice standards and hospital goals, values and regulatory standards. The Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Registered Nurse (SANE RN) works under the general supervision of the Medical Director to conduct a medical forensic exam to include evaluation for evidence collection; performing a medical history and account of the assault/abuse. Provides professional and compassionate forensic evidence collection. Ensures evidence is collected according to the highest professional standard. Collects and preserves all evidence, collects relevant specimens, and documents findings.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Completes nursing assessment of patient conditions consistent with age and condition, including physical, psychological, social, developmental, and educational factors, to determine initial level of compliance with treatment plan per policy and unit guidelines. Performs ongoing patient and family assessments and identifies variations from diagnoses.
- Continually evaluates patient responses to care, teaching, and discharge plans. Documents patient progress in appropriate charts and shares observations and assessment outcomes with healthcare team and families to ensure timely communication and understanding of patient health status, progress, and ongoing needs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing required activities within established parameters to ensure compliance with all applicable medication, storage and documentation standards, regulations, and requirements.
- Provides orientation to the unit, hospital systems, and processes to patients and family members to ensure familiarity with unit’s policies and requirements.
- Supervises patient care activities of assigned team members and delegates activities appropriate to knowledge, skill, and competency. Provides timely feedback and review of care delivery to ensure maintenance of patient safety, infection control procedures, therapeutic environment, and team members’ performance level, maintaining confidentiality as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with patient care team and family members to establish and implement plan of care to ensure coordination of activities and ongoing communication of patient health status. Participates in patient care rounds and patient care conferences as appropriate.
- Attends MDT Case Review meetings. Assists law enforcement agencies with required paperwork related to medical evaluations as appropriate. Assesses barriers that prevent children from accessing medical evaluations and working with partner agencies to address them.
- Strict adherence and assistance with developing protocol and maintain standards. Works with the multidisciplinary team to ensure that guidelines being used to determine which children should be referred for a medical evaluation are up to date and consistent with best practices. Builds and maintains collaborative working relationships with medical partners and local hospitals as appropriate. Works with the MDT Enhancement Program to screen intakes and determined children meet the criteria for a medical evaluation. Contacts appropriate partner agencies to discuss the need for a medical evaluation
- Attends and participates in MDT case reviews and in peer review process and present three of own Forensic Medical Exam cases every year. Participates in quarterly 1:1 Forensic Nurse Examiner “update” meetings with Medical Director.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.