This position will manage the operation of all audiology services which includes the inpatient hospital, ambulatory outpatient clinic, and the audiology services within the ENT practices at various satellites. Administrative responsibilities include assurance of proper functioning of the department through leadership, management, and development of audiology services and programs on the main campus and ENT satellites. Responsible for overseeing and implementing existing and new programs and the development of audiologists along with overseeing the referral management system. This position must demonstrate a commitment to providing high quality patient care and service through positive leadership and total quality management. This position reports directly to the Director of Rehabilitation and will assist the Director with the ongoing fiscal management, compliance of daily operations, state and federal practice guidelines. This position will collaborate closely and consult with the Chief of Otolaryngology for clinical pathways, best practices, education, and strategic growth.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Actively leads daily audiology operations and maintains departmental operational compliance and quality programs related to patient care, equipment, staffing, scheduling and billing.
- Maintains incident reports
- Insures department is in compliance with Joint Commission, federal and state, CMS and hospital requirements.
- Supports and assures documentation is timely and accurate.
- Timely evaluations and consults according to hospital, state and federal policy.
Responsible for overall human resource management of their direct reports including hiring, training, evaluating, disciplining, and recommending termination.
- Is responsible for the proper orientation, training and development of all personnel in the audiology department.
- Follows hospital policies and procedures and licensure regulations.
Provides clinical leadership and management of the audiology department.
- Supports the needs of ENT clinic.
- Monitors referrals for appropriate scheduling.
- Continuously develops programs to provide state of the art pediatric audiology services.
Establishes and Maintains positive and professional relationships with medical and hospital staff, peers and supervisors.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and encourages a positive attitude in employees.
- Follows hospital/outpatient and state licensure policy and procedures.
- Makes effective use of time.
Fiscal accountability for audiology services.
- Is responsible for the effective and efficient use of departmental personnel.
- Is responsible for departmental productivity standards.
- Consistently operates within the departmental budget.
- Oversees waiting list and makes sure templates are filled to capacity.
- Manages staffing for ENT clinics.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.