Posting Note: Please note: The ideal candidate has several years with demonstrated success designing and managing the implementation of a division-wide, comprehensive stewardship program and donor relations system that consistently promotes interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels.
Reporting to the VP of Foundation Operations, the Donor Relations Specialist is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic stewardship programs and comprehensive, individualized stewardship plans for donors, targeted groups and potential donors. In collaboration with gift officers, decision support and donor relations staff, the Specialist will lead the coordination, and implementation of a thoughtful and creative stewardship program responsive to the needs of frontline fundraisers, donors, and prospects from the point of initial acknowledgement through the lifecycles of the funds. The ideal candidate has several years of demonstrated success managing a stewardship program; is an exceptional listener, writer and editor; has superlative attention to detail; is comfortable managing multiple priorities and deadlines; and thrives in a creative, collaborative environment.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Designs and manages the implementation of a division-wide, comprehensive stewardship and donor relations system that appropriately and consistently promotes meaningful interaction with and recognition of donors at all levels.
- Designs, documents and manages implementation of a systematic and integrated donor relations program that encompasses recognition and stewardship events, giving societies, chair and naming celebrations, giving summaries, volunteer engagement and philanthropy impact reporting.
- Supports the stewardship efforts of the major, planned, foundation and annual gift officers by proactively assisting them in establishing and coordinating individualized stewardship plans for donors with whom they work.
- Identifies and recommends best practices being developed at top institutions and applies these to leverage stewardship opportunities that enhance the donor experience and build new avenues of engagement.
- Develops and gathers content across the department and the hospital that are essential for a comprehensive stewardship program.
- Establishes and oversees models for acknowledging, tracking, recognizing, involving and reporting to donors that are consistent across all levels of philanthropy.
- Leads staff with developing and executing analysis of their programs by setting key metrics to measure the financial impact of stewardship efforts.
- Leads with a collaborative approach, works in partnership with revenue business units and is an effective advocate for fostering a culture of stewardship that permeates all Foundation activities.
- Prepares, reviews, edits and packages formal proposals; collates and interprets available research data pertinent to development of relationships with potential donors.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.