Posting Note: #PCHCB
This position provides operational leadership and directs supervision of staff to ensure consistent provision of developmentally appropriate quality patient care in accordance with all applicable federal, regulatory, and professional standards and requirements. Acts as a liaison with other departments to facilitate quick resolution of issues to ensure excellence in a family centered care environment.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Responsible to oversee clinical operational activities by planning, monitoring, and leading a respiratory care team to ensure the provision of safe and effective quality patient care.
- Works collaboratively as part of the departments leadership team and executes plans to accomplish outlined goals and priorities. Collaborates with the health care team to allocate care that results in desired outcomes.
Accountable to assist with operational functions, including but not limited to, patient safety, timely resolution of complaints, regulatory compliance, quality improvement initiatives, and patient satisfaction follow-up.
- Creates a climate of external and internal customer satisfaction. Ensures accuracy of patient charges and justification of supply/equipment utilization. Participates in cost containment strategies.
Responsible to manage Respiratory Care staff scheduling.
- Ensures accurate and timely posting of the staffing schedule. Monitors trends in volume fluctuations and executes plans to adjust staffing levels. Actively participates by assisting staff members within level of competency during high activity times.
Analyzes critical situations and applies appropriate judgment and critical thinking for problem resolution. Identifies and implements improvements.
- Ensures investigation, completion, and communication of occurrence reports. Proactively identifies safety risks and participates in risk avoidance strategies. Effectively follows up on issues and results of process/system changes.
Works effectively in a team-based environment especially during stressful situations involving rapidly changing priorities. Displays appropriate leadership skills to instill trust and credibility.
- Demonstrate skills to manage conflict resolution among team members. Supports an inclusive and positive work environment. Continuously develops people management skills.
Manages multiple priorities and applies effective time management skills. Exercises flexibility and accepts the challenge of change in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changes in work assignments. Demonstrate the ability to track multiple issues and manage follow through effectively.
Routinely evaluates staff member's performance throughout the year, develops and presents employee performance appraisals.
- Identifies and addresses employee's performance strengths and weaknesses. Provides coaching, feedback, recognition and action plans as needed. Maintains accurate employee records.
Responsible for managing and monitoring time and attendance records.
- Ensures accuracy, monitors/tracks trends, and takes actions as appropriate.
Assists with interviews and design of new employee orientation plans.
- Adjusts schedule as needed to incorporate orientation and precepting plans.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.