Under the direction of the Manager, the Admitting and Financial Counseling Supervisor is responsible for the oversight of the day to day activities of Inpatient and Surgery Admitting and Registration, Radiology Registration, and Financial Counseling (7 days/week). Maintains appropriate staffing levels and monitors the daily productivity of the staff, reallocates duties as needed to assure the timely completion of registrations, financial counseling, and up-front collections.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Actively participates in overseeing and guiding the department staff to include employee selection, training, development, performance evaluations and discipline.
- Attends and actively participates in staff and interdepartmental meetings.
- Acts as a role model by displaying exemplary, compassionate and professional behavior and motivates staff to provide excellent, patient-focused service.
Based on insurance information obtained and using technological tools available, assists Financial Counselors in calculating deductibles, copays, out of pocket maximums, coverage restrictions, or other out of pocket expenses.
- Builds relationships and maintains ongoing positive communication with patients, staff, DES, physicians and payers to provide information and/or resolve issues.
- Plans and schedules work for the group ensuring proper distribution and completion of assignments. Maintains staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage.
- Maintains department manuals and reference materials; communicates and implements updates and requirements on a timely basis.
Oversees the daily operational activities of the department and assumes responsibility when Manager is not available.
- Identifies opportunities for departmental process improvements.
- Participates in a variety of departmental and hospital educational programs to maintain current skill and competency levels and demonstrates commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.
- Provides information for reporting by compiling department statistics, generating productivity reports, performing QA audits to assess accuracy and compliance, and monitoring KPI's.
- Responds to patient fluctuations and assists staff in daily needs; performs the duties of a Patient Access Representative and/or Financial Counselor as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.