This position is accountable for coordination and acceptance of information regarding direct admissions and transfers to Phoenix Children`s Hospital. Responsibilities also include coordinating all aspects of patient placement within the facilities, and partnering with nursing and other clinical operation departments to facilitate patient access, throughput, and capacity.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
Proactively manages requests for admission, facilitates throughput of patients throughout the hospital, and ensures timely turnaround of beds.
- Accurately collects the data required for the intake of patients from a variety of locations including: ED, physician office, PCH clinic, referring facilities.
- Coordinates all MD to MD acceptance calls; participates in and documents all acceptance calls.
- Works with nursing units and leaders to identify best available bed placement at the time of request, given patient needs, staffing resources, level of care requirements, infection control principles, and throughput goals.
- Determines proper patient admission status based on Milliman criteria and verifies alignment between admission order and determined admission status.
- Assist with determining patient benefits/eligibility.
- Reviews and plans for all scheduled admissions daily.
- Manages and accepts all ED referral calls (non-EMS) and communicates incoming referrals to ED.
- Coordinates with key departments such as admitting, EVS, case management to ensure timely patient admissions and a positive patient family experience.
Proactively manages hospital bed capacity.
- Manages bed board on an ongoing basis in a timely and accurate manner.
- Oversees bed-ahead program.
- Attends regular daily bed huddle meetings.
- Communicates bed placement/capacity issues to the on duty house supervisor in a timely manner.
- Actively participates in organizational improvement processes impacting patient placement and throughput.
- Demonstrates positive and timely communication with internal and external customers.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.