Posting Note: Please note: Phoenix Children's Hospital Business Information Systems department is seeking a Revenue Cycle Analyst with Hospital/Professional Coding and Health Information Systems experience coupled with Revenue Cycle Systems experience. If you have experience working with Chartmaxx, SoftMed, Hyland Onbase, OneContent, Allscripts, EPIC, Cerner, 3M, Optum, or similar systems, it is time to apply for our position!
The Revenue Cycle Systems Analyst II provides primary software configuration for implemented production and non-production applications. Core responsibilities include business and systems analysis and implementation of new or upgraded systems. Serves as an added level of support for Revenue Cycle Systems Analysts I and Interns. Works existing open incidents and applies skills to more complex problem solving.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
With general guidance, this position is responsible for implementing system solutions across multiple departments and serves in key technical roles throughout the vendor-supplied software lifecycle.
- Identifies, evaluates, tailors, and directs the implementation of vendor-supplied software packages.
- Identifies system constraints or gaps in business requirements and effectively communicate issues/risks to the project manager in a timely manner.
- Documents and executes an integrated test plan and a user acceptance test plan.
Analyzes business requirements and develops design specifications and test plans to meet business requirements.
- Assess release scope and business requirement deliverables to identify system impacts and estimate level of effort.
- Translates business requirements into technical design and maintains comprehensive technical documentation.
Configures software to meet design specifications and develops implementation plans for vendor provided software.
- Complies with, and contributes to, system configuration standards and guidelines.
- Gathers, standardizes and enters or imports all necessary clinical/business data into the system.
- Configures and unit tests the system as specified in the business and technical requirements to meet configurastion criteria according to schedule.
Second tier application support.
- Acts as liaison with operations community to ensure continuing responsiveness of applicable system software user requirements.
- Ensures the maintenance of adequate software systems documentation.
- Provides technical assistance and training to users of systems, with little or no instruction or mentoring.
- Able to come on campus during off-shift hours and provide after hours call support required.
- Works collaboratively with vendors and colleagues to analyze problems and propose recommended solutions that meet both business and technical needs.
- Maintains status of tasks, defects, issues, and support requests on a daily basis in each respective tool.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.