To work closely with the CMIO, Clinical IT team and clinical providers in implementing and optimizing clinical information systems with special focus on upcoming Ambulatory EMR project. The Associate-CMIO is responsible for supporting the development of clinical information systems that assist clinicians in the delivery of safe, effective, and high quality patient care.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Keeps commitments
- As an experienced leader, adheres to high ethical standards
- Guides other team members by answering questions and providing ad hoc help.
- Acknowledges and assumes responsibility for actions, decisions, configurations, and implementations.
- Able to pull all of the pieces together and deliver on time and within budget
- Participates in clinical advisory groups providing input and engaging patient care providers in the development and use of clinical information systems
- Uses solid technical skills, analytical ability and judgment to improve clinical operations
- Thinks creatively and applies high energy and enthusiasm
- Develops flexible, transferable models of pathways of care
- Inspires and negotiates ways through clinician adoption and change
- Promotes system thinking with strong organizational skills
Consistently produces quality work product
- Supports the development of clinical information systems to improve the delivery of patient care
- Recommends modifications of clinical systems to gain maximum efficiency, leveraging the clinician's time
- Leverages clinical data to reduce variance in care processes
- Achieves “process agility” to be able to react quickly to incorporate new techniques and research driven ideas to improve care
- Presents data with effective communication and presentation skills
- Assists in the implementation of clinical systems and promotes adoption and optimizations in clinic work flow
Consistently demonstrates a collaborative communication style
- Listens and responds effectively to sensitive inquiries and complaints
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and can work effectively with a diverse group of peers and subordinates
- Is approachable and shows respect for others
- Promotes concepts of people working together versus focus
- Maximizes communication with physicians, clinicians and other health care providers
- Builds relationships with physicians to gain their support of strategic IT initiatives
- Represents the medical community serving as an advocate of management in promoting the use of information technology in a clinical setting
- Works closely with all care providers to promote and support key strategic technology and quality initiatives
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.