Posting Note: #PCHCB
The Administrative Director provides administrative management of Clinical Pathology, Anatomic Pathology, Blood Bank, Genomics Laboratories, and Biorepository for Phoenix Children’s Hospital in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, with administrative responsibilities for Pathology Faculty for Phoenix Children’s Medical Group. The Administrative Director is involved with policy development, protocol program management, performance improvement, staffing management and leadership of the team members. Has responsibilities with Division Chief for strategic planning, developing and managing administrative and programmatic operations, as well as full fiscal oversight to include management enhancement. Oversees all licensure and accreditation requirements and quality projects throughout the department. The Administrative Director's operational scope involves direct interaction and professional relationships across multiple departments and different levels of the organization. The Administrative Director, through strong communication as well as visible, professional leadership, demonstrates and promotes inter and intra-disciplinary collaboration and cooperation. Recognizing the delivery of pathology services and the determination of clinical appropriateness of services is the professional responsibility of the Faculty, the Administrative Director works closely and collaboratively with the Faculty to develop measurable Pathology and Executive goals and priorities. Participates with leadership to develop short and long term strategies to ensure that quality laboratory activities are provided. Fosters leadership development in management to promote an agile and flexible workforce. Represents clinical laboratories on cross-functional committees; has external presence in community and professional organizations and societies.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Instills strong management practices across management team in attaining fiscal goals, guiding and training professional staff, reporting on workload, cost, and revenue reports and proper fiscal practices.
- Leads change through developing and implementing new testing, policies and programs in collaboration with Division Chief and Faculty. Ensures compliance to agency regulations and professional standards.
- Develops, implements and monitors the short and long range financial and programmatic plans for laboratory services. Collaborates with Laboratory Medical Director and senior management on planning proposals.
- Develops capital and operation budget for all Clinical Laboratory departments to meet performance targets. Provides strategic and operational planning for staffing, fiscal and material resources. Continuously monitors approved budgets and sets allocation priorities when funds are limited or restricted. Analyzes budget variances and implements corrective action plans.
- Encourages staff to develop expertise in specialty areas. Provides employee professional growth opportunities, including continuing education and certification, as appropriate. Promotes collaboration and a culture open to change. Assures that managers and supervisors train employees to critically evaluate evidence and to solve problems.
- Serves as liaison for Clinical Laboratories in PCH/PCMG initiatives, including managed care strategic development.
- Forecasts workforce planning and talent development needs based on organizational strategy. Assists in the development of annual staffing plans, based on organizational strategy, patient acuity, benchmarks and staffing data. Works with management to evaluate core competencies in laboratory personnel and develop a succession planning pipeline for laboratory leadership.
- Responsible for employee satisfaction scores and plans for laboratory services. Promotes a culture of customer service to patients, families, healthcare providers, and clients. Facilitates and oversees resolution of issues and consistency in approach on items that impact the organization overall.
- Oversees the development of business plans to introduce new and evolving technologies for laboratory services, in accordance with best practices and in collaboration with the Laboratory Medical Director.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.