Posting Note: #PCHCB
The Vice Present (VP) of Laboratory Services provides business and administrative leadership for Clinical Pathology, Anatomic Pathology, Blood Bank, Genomics Laboratories, and the Biorepository for PCH in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, with administrative responsibilities for Pathology Faculty for PCMG. The VP is involved with policy development, process improvement, protocol and program management, performance improvement, staffing and leadership of the team members. Has responsibilities with Division Chief for planning, developing and managing laboratory operations, as well as full fiscal oversight to include business and management enhancement. Oversees all licensure and accreditation requirements and quality projects throughout the department. The VP s operational scope involves direct interaction and professional relationships across multiple departments and different levels of the organization. That scope includes providing guidance and thought leadership in broad areas of process improvement for other operational areas such as Imaging, Pharmacy and Therapies. The VP, through strong communication as well as visible, professional leadership, and a lean focus and methodology demonstrates and promotes inter and intra-disciplinary collaboration and cooperation. Recognizing the delivery of pathology services and the determination of clinical appropriateness of services is the professional responsibility of the Faculty, the VP works closely and collaboratively to develop measurable department goals and priorities. Participates with operational leadership to develop short and long term strategies to ensure that quality patient services are provided with a particular focus on laboratory services. Fosters leadership development in management to promote an agile and flexible workforce. Represents clinical laboratories and services on cross-functional committees; has external presence in community and professional organizations and societies.
- Family-Centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaborative within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that set the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best in the most cost-effective way.
- Instills strong management practices across management team in attaining fiscal goals, guiding and training professional staff, reporting on workload, cost, and revenue reports and proper fiscal practices.
- Leads change through developing and implementing new testing, policies and programs in collaboration with Division Chief and Faculty. Ensures compliance to agency regulations and professional standards.
- Develops, implements and monitors the short and long range financial and programmatic plans for laboratory services. Collaborates with Laboratory Medical Director and senior management on planning proposals.
- Develops capital and operation budget for all Clinical Laboratory departments to meet performance targets. Provides strategic and operational planning for staffing, fiscal and material resources. Continuously monitors approved budgets and sets allocation priorities when funds are limited or restricted. Analyzes budget variances and implements corrective action plans.
- Encourages staff to develop expertise in specialty areas. Provides employee professional growth opportunities, including continuing education and certification, as appropriate. Promotes collaboration and a culture open to change. Assures that managers and supervisors train employees to critically evaluate evidence and to solve problems.
- Serves as liaison for Clinical Laboratories in PCH/PCMG initiatives, including managed care strategic development.
- Forecasts workforce planning and talent development needs based on organizational strategy. Assists in the development of annual staffing plans, based on organizational strategy, patient acuity, benchmarks and staffing data. Works with management to evaluate core competencies in laboratory personnel and develop a succession planning pipeline for laboratory leadership.
- Responsible for employee satisfaction scores and plans for laboratory services. Promotes a culture of customer service to patients, families, healthcare providers, and clients. Facilitates and oversees resolution of issues and consistency in approach on items that impact the organization overall.
- Oversees the development of business plans to introduce new and evolving technologies for laboratory services, in accordance with best practices and in collaboration with the Laboratory Medical Director.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.